Translate

Monday 21 April 2014

Sal's gene




I love fresh fig but doesn’t everybody? I start my fig planting adventure in August last year after i stumbled across a blog from Indonesia regarding growing fig. My only regret is that i do not know that fig will do well in tropical region during my stay in Europe otherwise i’ll bring home cuttings then. Right now i have 30 varieties of figs and almost 100 plants.  I bought the cutting mostly from Europe and US.
After mothering my baby fig for almost 9 months finally i’m being rewarded by healthy plants in various stages of growth and fruiting.  Yesterday i ate my first ripe fig; the fruit is really sweet and juicy. I can only describe it as yummy J))  Another variety will ripen in next few days. After this i can eat fig year round as planned.

Sal's gene fig variety

close up view

dark, medium size fig, closed eye

sweet and juicy

3 comments:

  1. Kak Mar buahnya tak bermusim, mcm mulberry bila tumbuh pucuk baru buah pun ikut sama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What method for rooting the cutting...is it easy?

    ReplyDelete